I have chronic sinusitis, I've been told to take antibiotics when showing symptoms, my symptoms come for a day then go for a day! How do I know when?

Sinusitis . That doesn't appear to be very sound advice. You need to be under the care of a good ENT who can do a more comprehensive approach with nasal endoscopy, cultures of your sinuses with culture directed antibiotics, imaging and possibly surgery. It doesn't seem appropriate to have you making the decision when to take antibiotics and you should not be on antibiotics all the time. .
When symptoms. last for a day or so there are a number of treatments BESIDES using antibiotics frequently ( which is NOT a great idea). Ask your Primary Care Provider.!