My son went to the dr. And was prescribed amoxicillin 400/5ml. He takes 6.75ml twice daily for 10 days(strep throat).will that cover a ear infection?

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatrics - Pulmonology

In brief: Coverage

The medication is dosed for his weight, but Amoxicillin is a good choice for ear infections and otitis media.
I would recommend a follow up visit.

In brief: Coverage

I would recommend a follow up visit.
Dr. Holly Maes

In brief: It should. ...

You don't mention how much your child weighs, so it is to say for certain the dose he's on is correct.
Most of the time the dosage used for strep throat is for an ear infection as well, especially in a 5 year old. In younger kids we sometimes use higher dosing for otitis, but Amoxicillin for strep/ears is a good regimen.

In brief: It should. ...

Dr. Cindy Juster