Is whitening gel with 22% carbamide peroxide bad for your teeth and gums?

Depends. The whitening gels come in various strengths. The higher the concentration or strength, the quicker and more emphatic the lightening can be achieved. However, teeth will become very sensitive with certain intensities of the gels. Each person is different; some can tolerate the higher percentages, others can not. The good thing: even the smallest concentration of whitening gel will work over time.
Bleaching. When used properly under the supervision of a dentist, 22% carbamide peroxide should not harm teeth or tooth structure. If might temporarily irritate the gums if excess contacts it. Prior to any bleaching regimen, your dentist should make sure your teeth and gums are healthy. In the presence of caries, erosion, broken fillings, gum disease it can cause problems!
Depends. You want to be careful to avoid getting it on your gums because it can burn them.
Not Usually. Carbamide peroxide (5% to 35%) breaks down to hydrogen peroxide and urea and it is the hp that bleaches, whitens and deco lorises the tooth when it breaks down to water and oxygen. This can leave teeth sensitive to hot and cold. Remineralizing agents can seal the tiny pores in the tooth and root that were opened during bleaching and reduce sensitivity.