Hello, I have what looks to be a pimple just above my lip. It appears to have a white head. It is a little sore. I do have cystic acne and get pimples on my face. I'm writing you to find out if it is just a pimple or whether it could be a cold sore. I d

Most likely acne. Given your history and the fact that the lip lesion has a white head this is most probably acne. Cold sores usually present on the lips during times of stress and appear more crusted almost like a common scab.
MOST LIKELY COLD SOR. The location and description is more suggestive of a cold sore.Having said that it is very difficult to say with certainty what it is without looking at it.If you are concerned about it get it checked by your doctor.