I am a 39 year old male with fasting glucose test at 109. It was 101 2 years ago. Cholesterol was a little high but everything else was normal. ?

Dr. Michael Kleerekoper
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: 109

Your fasting glucose levels are OK.
There is good treatment for hypercholesterolemia. Look it up on the internet and then discuss with your doctor.

In brief: 109

Your fasting glucose levels are OK.
Dr. Michael Kleerekoper
Dr. Michael Kleerekoper
Pathology

In brief: Good for you

I've got an idea.
Most guys in their 30s totally neglect their health, but you're actually getting labs. Since you're smarter than most of your peers, why not go one farther? Get into some serious, intense physical fitness, and then on your next physician's appointment, see how much lower your glucose and cholesterol have gotten. Be glad for good health, and work hard to maintain it.

In brief: Good for you

I've got an idea.
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology