There are so many varieties of kidney disease, how can I tell which I most likely have?

Dr. Tarek Naguib
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis
In brief: Nephrologists can
Theses are kidney specialists who should be able to tell you what your kidneys are suffering from. Would start with primary care doc however.

In brief: Nephrologists can
Dr. Tarek Naguib
Dr. Tarek Naguib
Dr. Michael Carson
In brief: Work With Your Doc
Your question is right on target, but because there are so many kinds, and the diagnosis is made based on a careful medical history and certain lab tests, it's almost impossible to self-diagnose kidney problems.
Even the basic test to diagnose it is a blood test that a doctor must order. Give your doc a call if you think you might have an issue.

In brief: Work With Your Doc
Dr. Michael Carson
Dr. Michael Carson
Dr. Vicken Poochikian