Does Sleep Deprivation cause Seizures ?

In fact, that is what we call one of the ACTIVATING PROCEDURES when we want to test someone who is suspected of having seizures.
...we do what's called a SLEEP DEPRIVATION study which means they have to stay up 24 hrs. straight without sleep before coming to the lab. If you'd like to connect with me for more information look me up at: www.healthtap.com/drsaghafi

In brief: YES, it can

Well known factors that increase the risk or can trigger seizures include: SLEEP DEPRIVATION (one of the most common ones), alcohol consumption, viral illness or fever, dehydration, among others.
In fact, in neurology we often use sleep deprivation to provoke seizure activity while doing EEG testing for diagnosis seizures. It is crucial that you get AT LEAST 8 hrs of good quality sleep daily

In brief: YES, it can

Dr. Charles Coleman
Internal Medicine - Sleep Medicine

In brief: Ordinarily no

Unless you have an underlying predisposition to having seizures (i.
e., a seizure disorder) sleep deprivation does not usually cause seizures.

In brief: Ordinarily no