I wanna get gastric bypass surgery but I'm to afraid to go to my doctors office and talk to him about it. I'm 18 years old 5'5 and weigh 240 BMI 40?

In brief: Talk to PCP

Talk to your PCP about your concerns.
Do not request anything specific, don't say " I want gastric bypass" but discuss your concerns. You probably qualify for a procedure. Typically either BMI equal or greater than 40 alone, or BMI > 35 plus other medical risk factors like BM, hypertension, elevated cholesterol qualify pt for a procedure. Plus you are 18 y/o and are an adult.

In brief: Talk to PCP

Talk to your PCP about your concerns.
Dr. Larry Xanthopoulos
Dr. Larry Xanthopoulos
Dr. Scott Carollo
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Gastric bypass

Talk to your doctor! Gastric bypass type procedures are very common these days and there are specialists in these types of procedures all over the country.
By not acting on your weight problem you will only put yourself at risk for more problems down the road. Get help, now!

In brief: Gastric bypass

Dr. Scott Carollo
Dr. Scott Carollo
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery