If I stopped smoking and change my diet should my kidney disease reverse?

Dr. Fred Harvey
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: I don't know

The source of your kidney disease is unknown thus it is difficult to comment accurately.
That said, I have watched kidney function improve in my office on a regular basis. There are as many ways to approach the problem as there are causes for it. Smoking cessation is a no-brainer. Just stop it: it kills you and your kidneys. Phosphatidyl choline, a nutrient in egg yolks, improves kidney function.

In brief: I don't know

Dr. Fred Harvey
Dr. Fred Harvey
Dr. Paul Cohen

As smoking directly affects the blood vessels the answer to your question is yes.
As a healthy diet; along with an appropriate exercise regimen (walking for example) with lead to a healthier body the answer to your question is again yes.

Dr. Paul Cohen
Dr. Paul Cohen
Dr. Arnon Rubin