Why would diet Mountain Dew make my blood sugar high?

Dr. Richard Shewbridge
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology
In brief: It doesn't.
Diet mountain dew does not contain many calories at all, and no carbohydrates.
Therefore, it cannot raise your blood sugar. I would look into other foods you may have eaten around the same time for a culprit as to why your sugar levels may be rising.

In brief: It doesn't.
Dr. Richard Shewbridge
Dr. Richard Shewbridge
Dr. Richard Shewbridge
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology
In brief: It doesn't.
I would look for other reasons why your blood sugar is high, such as 'hidden' carbohydrates in fruits, juices, and starches.

In brief: It doesn't.
Dr. Richard Shewbridge
Dr. Richard Shewbridge
Dr. Natalie Hodge
In brief: Insulin Resistance
You probably have some baseline insulin resistance.
Perhaps it was some other factor of your meal or overall lifestyle and exercise level. You did not mention a diagnosis of diabetes, or what your weight is but it sounds like you are watching your diet and nutrition. I am glad you are engaging in your health and accepting responsibility for it!

In brief: Insulin Resistance
Dr. Natalie Hodge
Dr. Natalie Hodge
Dr. Peter Kurzweil