I eat plenty of fiber- foods of vegetable, fruit, whole grains; Drink plenty of water, exercise regularly. Why do I still get regular constipation?

Dr. Julie Abbott
Preventive Medicine

In brief: Bowel motility

dysfunction. You are definitely on the right track with all the things you are doing.
But there are some people, in spite of that, whose bowels are just sluggish and the smooth muscle within the bowel wall does not work synchronously to move feces along. Medications have been developed to deal with this; a specialty gastroenterologist has the most experience. Ask for a referral:)

In brief: Bowel motility

Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine