Would toothpaste or a 5% benzoyl peroxide cream heal a pimple faster?

5% benzoyl peroxide. While toothpaste is used by many on pimples, I would think that benzoyl peroxide, an ingredient in acne medication, should be more effective.
They both work. They both work but differently. Toothpaste dries out the pimple, benzoyl peroxide acts to "clean it".
Pimple vs toothpaste. A pimple is a micro-abscess which would benefit from the antiseptic properties of benzoyl peroxide. There are, however more appropriate antibiotics creams/ointments. O answer the question directly, yes toothpaste is likely to heal a pimple faster.