I am 38 years old. I have had a burning chest pain for almost 24 hours, sometimes sharp pains. What might be happening?

Dr. Ew Christensen

In brief: Chest pain

There are many possible causes for your chest pain including, reflux, heart problems, esophageal problems, lung problems on others.
Because chest pain is potentially very serious, you should get in to be seen right away. Good luck.

In brief: Chest pain

Dr. Ew Christensen
Dr. Ew Christensen
Dr. Donald Colantino

In brief: Exam recommended

Burning chest discomfort may be.
due to an inflamed esophagus but to be sure, I recommend that your physician examine you. If it's felt to be esophagitis, you will be instructed to follow a bland diet, abstain from smoking, alcohol and caffeine, use an antacid maalox or gelusil and,if you can take it, daily prilosec will be prescribed.

In brief: Exam recommended

Burning chest discomfort may be.
Dr. Donald Colantino
Dr. Donald Colantino
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine