Is animal assisted therapy helpful for teens with adhd?

Dr. Jeff Jacobs
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: Unknown

I'm not aware of any good data showing animal assisted therapy is either helpful or useless for adhd.
There is data, however, to show that time spent in nature reduces the severity of adhd symptoms for the next several days following the time spent in nature.

In brief: Unknown

Dr. Jeff Jacobs
Dr. Jeff Jacobs
Dr. Ernest Bordini
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Little data - maybe

Animal assisted therapy is an approach rather than a strict treatment program for adhd.
Aaaaaaaaaaalonsibility, attending to animal care, and even the sensory and motor integration learning something like riding horses can assist with some of the common problems that co-exist with adhd. It is unlikely to be a cure. We've had some teens benefit from a local equine assisted program.

In brief: Little data - maybe

Dr. Ernest Bordini
Dr. Ernest Bordini
Dr. Jonathan Jassey