I have a swollen nostril and fluid behind my ears I have a nasal spray for it, could this be the cause of me feeling off balance and sick?

Dr. Donald Colantino

Congestion affects the inner ear which is responsible for maintaining balance and such imbalance can cause vertigo, nausea and vomiting.
An otolaryngologist is best qualified to advise and treat you if nasal irrigations with warm salt water,nasal decongestant spray and, if you can take them, oral decongestants don't help. These sprays and oral decongestants are not meant for long term use however.

Dr. Donald Colantino
Dr. Donald Colantino
Dr. John Chiu
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

The ear is where one's balance-sensing apparatus (vestibular) is housed and when this is affected, one may lose balance and get nauseated.

Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu
Dr. Ahmad Ibrahim
Urgent Care

Fluid behind the ears can cause imbalance , vertigo, dizziness.
See your doctor for more answers and have a great day.

Dr. Ahmad Ibrahim
Dr. Ahmad Ibrahim