Sore throat worsening for a few days with postnasal drip. Throat pain when swallowing (very bad in morning). Cough on & off. Congested. Ideas?

Dr. John Chiu
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: A cold?

If this has been present for just a few days, it is likely from a viral infection If it lingers on beyond 10 days, then I would suspect a sinus infection.
See doctor if getting worse.

In brief: A cold?

See doctor if getting worse.
Dr. Al Hegab

In brief: Need an prescription

given that you've had those symptoms for few days and not abating, you need to see an MD, as probably you will need an antibiotic if it turns to be bacterial pharyngitis, meanwhile salt water gargles, lots of fluids, pain killers and rest till you sort it out, goodluck

In brief: Need an prescription

Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine