How can I stop drinking and smoking weed without going to alcoholics anonymous?

Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine

In brief: Meditation, herbs

People can become dependent on alcohol & marijuana and often use it to calm anxiety & self-treat depression.
Finding other ways to calm yourself can help. I advise regular meditation, exercise, magnesium, b vitamins, herbs like tulsi (holy basil) & ashwagandha & Amino Acids 5-htp and l-theanine. Emotional freedom technique can help too- see eftuniverse.Com. See comment for more:.

In brief: Meditation, herbs

Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker
The book The Vitamin Cure For Alcoholism by Abram Hoffer MD is an excellent resource. AA helps many but is not for everyone. If you don't like AA you might still benefit from individualized counseling with a psychotherapist. Realizing that you have a problem and need to stop is a huge first step. Congratulations and good luck with your recovery!
Dr. Pamela Pappas

In brief: Smart Recovery

There are alternatives to aa, if you object to aa.
One of these is called "smart recovery" -- an acronym for "self-management and recovery training." there is another called "rational recovery": https://rational.Org/index.Php?Id=1 when you're attempting to make such large changes in your life, it helps to have a process & a plan, along with mutual support. These groups offer all this. Be well.

In brief: Smart Recovery

Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas

In brief: AA

Dr baker provided excellent information.
Have you attended aa? I always suggest to people that they sample a variety of meetings - because some may not be right for them but another may be just right. Auricular acupuncture has an outstanding protocol to reduce alcohol cravings.

In brief: AA

Dr. Eric Weisman