Can you give your 16 month old skim milk?

In brief: I wouldn't

A babies brain grows very rapidly the first 2 years.
Cholesterol provides the insulation between developing nerves and the fat supplies a significant contribution to the needed calories of this age group.After 2 years the brain growth slows and skim, or whatever else you use is OK.Try to push low fat too soon and there are long term consequences for baby.

In brief: I wouldn't

Dr. Michael Kelber

In brief: No skim milk

If your toddler is otherwise healthy, not obese, he should not drink skim milk.
Growing toddlers need more fat than their parents do. I would recommend whole milk if he/she is slim and 2% if he is normal or above. If he is obese you should talk to your doctor about his nutrition.

In brief: No skim milk

Dr. Michael Kelber
Dr. Michael Kelber
Dr. Robert Greer

Probably a good idea.
We are making a whole generation of obese kids by feeding them fat.Thank you for being responsible.

Probably a good idea.
Dr. Robert Greer
Dr. Robert Greer
Dr. Robert Killian
I disagree and the science proves otherwise. It is not fats that make most obese people fat. It is sugars. The science reeks us that kids need the kind of fats in milk. But we should all be looking at sugars in foods and lowering those. Milk is high in sugar!
Dr. Shontae Buffington