I have had a total hip replacement, right hip. I recently developed a seering pain under both buttocks. Should I have it check out?

Yes for sure. I hope it is not , but could be a complication to the total joint you had check it out.
Yes. Sounds like it might be sciatic nerve irritation, which most common is caused by a compressed nerve in your spine.
Yes. Typically, when a hip replacement is not performing well, any pain will occur only on the same side as that hip. If your pain is affecting both sides there is a good chance of some other reason such as low back problems or si joint issues. You should absolutely be evaluated by your surgeon and possibly referred for further testing or therapy.