I've been haveing ear pain .Sometimes the pain extends to my jaw. A couple times now I've woken up in the middle of the night ad its unhinged slightly?

Dr. James Bates
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Ear and jaw pain

Not sure what you mean by unhinged slightly, but ear pain radiating to the jaw may be a sign of a TMJ problem, or a temporomandibular disorder. If it wakes you up at night, it's time to seek treatment.
It could also be as simple as an ear infection.

In brief: Ear and jaw pain

Dr. James Bates
Dr. James Bates
Dr. Bac Nguyen

In brief: Probably TMJ trouble

Temporal mandibular joint syndrome is common and often the result of excessive teeth grinding/clenching, usually during sleep.
The TMJ is slight in front/upper are of your ear and inflammation here can cause pain into ear and jaw. If pushing on the TMJ area and widely opening/closing your mouth causes pain, then it is likely tmj. Motrin/aleve, use of night guard may help. Consult doc. Good luck.

In brief: Probably TMJ trouble

Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine