when I am sleeping my hands get tingling or numb, then  swollen and severe pain moves toward elbows, when I stand up it gets better, what is it? Tks

Dr. Robert Coats II
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Sounds like CTS
Carpal tunnel sundrome (cts) is compression of the median nerve at the wrist and commonly causes numbness and tingling in the hand.
Some people sleep with their wrists bent, which may lead to nerve compression with night/morning symptoms. Try wearing braces at night and if your symptoms don't resolve, see a hand specialist.

In brief: Sounds like CTS
Dr. Robert Coats II
Dr. Robert Coats II
Dr. Franklyn Farrell
Occupational Medicine
In brief: CarpalTunnelSyndrome
It sounds like you may have carpal tunnel syndrome.
The position that your hands/wrists are in when you go to sleep, can cause the pressure to build up in the tunnel and this pressure can squeeze your median nerve causing the symptoms you experience. Try sleeping with wrist splints at night and definitely go and see a doctor to monitor your progress.

In brief: CarpalTunnelSyndrome
Dr. Franklyn Farrell
Dr. Franklyn Farrell
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine