Im 31 weeks pregnant, my left upper leg/thigh hurts like I pulled a muscle or its cramping. What can I do to make it stop hurting?

Dr. Franklyn Farrell
Occupational Medicine

In brief: Round Ligament Pain

You may be experiencing stretching of the round ligament which runs from the inside of your abdomen/pelvis through your lower belly into your groin region.
As your baby grows, this ligament stretches and this can cause pain in your lower abdomen/pelvis/groin later on in your pregnancy. Tylenol (acetaminophen) is a good pain reliever that is usually safe in pregnancy. Check with your obstetrician!

In brief: Round Ligament Pain

Dr. Franklyn Farrell
Dr. Franklyn Farrell
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham