When you have sex should you feel something? This is my second time tring sex and even though it don't go in all the way I can only feel pain?

Dr. Christopher Guzik

In brief: Vaginal spasm

Vaginismus is the instantaneous, involuntary tightening of the pelvic floor muscles in anticipation of vaginal penetration.
This reaction will occur if penetration is perceived as upsetting, painful (even before attempting it!) frightening, or dangerous.

In brief: Vaginal spasm

Dr. Christopher Guzik
Dr. Christopher Guzik
Dr. Alvin Lin
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Sex should feel good

Sex should feel good, not painful.
If it's painful, then something's not right. Perhaps position was wrong, etc. Otoh if this is only 2nd attempt, more likely you & your partner aren't prepared or mature enough (sorry to be so rude) since your partner should take his/her time to make sure you're ready so that sex is enjoyable, not painful. Ps don't forget to make him wear a condom to prevent stds.

In brief: Sex should feel good

Sex should feel good, not painful.
Dr. Alvin Lin
Dr. Alvin Lin
Dr. Adam Levy