I am finishing a long course of methylprednisolone. I have been avoiding alcohol during the course. How long do I need to wait before I can have drink?

Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Addiction Medicine
In brief: That depends on what
You were taking the steroid for. I always wonder when someone is asking a total stranger on an online website rather than the doctor who is treating them about when they can drink again.
I also wonder about how important drinking is to that person, and how much they are drinking how often. An occasional social drink is probably not harmful to most things, but without your history i cannot say.

In brief: That depends on what
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Shabbir Hossain
In brief: Why on steroids?
Not sure how to answer your question, especially since you didn't mention why you were put on steroids.
I'm gonna assume the worst, that you had acute alcohol induced hepatitis and were put on a month of a methylpred taper. If this is indeed the case, then my answer is, wait forever. Please don't drink again. If your scenario is not as i imagined, please give more into. :).

In brief: Why on steroids?
Dr. Shabbir Hossain
Dr. Shabbir Hossain
Dr. Marsha Davis