I use to take Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) 60mg a day. Then I became pregnant so I quit. I just quit breastfeeding and started back on it but it's not working.?

Dr. JUDY WASHINGTON

In brief: May take time

It may take time to become more effective after the hormonal changes you have gone through.
Also the sleep deprivation can be a problem even on the medication. Talk with your doctor.

In brief: May take time

Dr. JUDY WASHINGTON
Dr. JUDY WASHINGTON
Dr. Daniel Maddox
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Check blood levels

Chemically, pregnancy sometimes results in significant changes in our pharmacogenomic expression profile.
The safest approach is to work with your doctor to monitor blood levels of the drug as you slowly titrate dose upward.

In brief: Check blood levels

Dr. Daniel Maddox
Dr. Daniel Maddox
Dr. Shontae Buffington