Is there an over-the-counter shoe insert that is effective for plantar fasciitis?

Dr. David Laha
Podiatry
In brief: There are a variety
In our office we start with an over-the-counter (otc) insert along with a good stable shoe.
There are many, and each can feel a little different. You may have to try several. We use powersteps and spenco orthotics ( the ones with a black plastic arch). Superfeet is another good brand. It is important yo also ice, rest, stretch and avoid barefoot. See your foot specialist if problem persists dr l.

In brief: There are a variety
Dr. David Laha
Dr. David Laha
In brief: Super feet
Super feet, power steps are made to have more control than most otc orthotics.
They will cost more. I would suggest finding a place that sells them but also fits them for you. Usually a higher end running store.

In brief: Super feet
Dr. Tharesh Udupa
Dr. Tharesh Udupa
Dr. Brynn Ewen
Podiatry
In brief: Superfeet
There are dozens of otc arch supports available but most are made of gel or foam and are unable to support your arch when you stand on them. One brand that i recommend to my patients is called "superfeet" (available at rei, nordstrom, and most good running shoe stores like fleet feet).
They have a semi-rigid piece of plastic in the arch that can withstand your body weight to give you support.

In brief: Superfeet
Dr. Brynn Ewen
Dr. Brynn Ewen
In brief: Inserts
There are compnaies who make otc inserts but they are generic and not custom made which work better.

In brief: Inserts
Dr. Farshad Bathaee
Dr. Farshad Bathaee
Dr. Luis Villaplana
In brief: Let's see if one of
Our expert podiatrists can help with this one!

In brief: Let's see if one of
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Bret Boyle
Board Certified, Wound care