Every morning I awake with a great deal of saliva that is mixed with blood... My gums are swollen and bleed when I brush as well! what's this?

Dr. Steven Machtinger
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: Bleeding disorder
While i hope that dr. Bansal's assessment is correct i agree that dr. Villaplana's concerns need to be addressed.
It really depends on what you mean by "every morning". If this problem has been present for years then you probably have gingivitis. If the problem began a few weeks ago i would be concerned about leukemia. Please see your doctor very soon for assessment and reassurance.

In brief: Bleeding disorder
Dr. Steven Machtinger
Dr. Steven Machtinger
Dr. Ankush Bansal
In brief: Gingivitis
You have gingivitis.
This is a result of inadequate dental hygiene, technique, and follow up with your dentist. Go to your dentist to get examined and treated accordingly.

In brief: Gingivitis
You have gingivitis.
Dr. Ankush Bansal
Dr. Ankush Bansal
Dr. Luis Villaplana
In brief: Seems very abnormal!
Have you thought about maybe seeing a physician that may be able to diagnose the problem and hopefully fix it?

In brief: Seems very abnormal!
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Jack Hinkle