Why is it when I drink even a bottle of beer I got sick?

Dr. Allen Seely
General Practice

In brief: Alcohol intolerance

Common symptoms of alcohol intolerance are nasal congestion and skin flushing (not a true allergy).
Alcohol intolerance is caused by a genetic condition in which the body is unable to break down alcohol. An allergy is possible to a component of the beverage— such as chemicals, grains or preservatives. Another rare cause is hodgkins lymphoma. The only treatment is avoidance of alcohol, sorry.

In brief: Alcohol intolerance

Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Why do you keep

Drinking it when it makes you sick? Some people are very sensitive to alcohol effects, or it could be some other ingredient in the beer. You might be gluten sensitive, and most beers are high in gluten protein.
Talk to your doctor about it. Do you get sick with other alcohol-containing beverages, or have you tried "non-alcoholic" beers to see if the same kind of reaction occurs.

In brief: Why do you keep

Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Alan Wartenberg