I am worried about long term side effects of my bi-polar meds, depakote, Effexor (venlafaxine) zr as well been on them 12 years. What r the long term side affects?

It Depends. Many folks take Depakote and Effexor (venlafaxine) for years and years without any problems what so ever/ Depakote can have an affect on the liver, so it's good to have some blood tests every year or so. Also, Depakote can cause weight gain, and if a person gains too much weight, it can be associated with diabetes. Again, there's a test for that. With any treatment, one must weigh the risks and benefits.
Medication side aff. Depakote can cause liver problems where you would feel weak, nausea and a flu like feeling and Effexor (venlafaxine) could cause hypertension. Other side effects are--vertigo, apathy, nausea, bleeding problems. The two medications are metabolized in the liver. Make sure you have a Depakote level done in your blood and liver test check.