Can shingles pain occur only in the feet and legs? I'm having tingling, burning, strange sensation pain?

Dr. Hal Blatman
Pain Management

In brief: Unlikely

It is not likely for shingles to cause pain in both your feet and legs.
I would think you should keep looking for the cause of your symptoms. Enigmatic pain is usually myofascial. www.blatmanhealthandwellness.com

In brief: Unlikely

Dr. Tsu-Yi Chuang
Dermatology

In brief: Depends

if it happened only on one side, like left leg and foot, it's possible.
if it happened on both right AND left, no, it's not.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Milton Alvis, jr
Preventive Medicine

In brief: YesPossible ButQuite

unlikely. Shingles nearly always creates symptoms in a dermatomal distribution in much older people.
This could include legs & feet, nearly always one side or at least one side far more than the other. Check out dermatomes on the web to see how your symptoms compare with these patterns. If fits well, then possible, if not, very unlikely. Symptoms basis, there are many other possibilities, e.g. DM.

In brief: YesPossible ButQuite

Dr. Nathaniel Drourr
Pain Management

Shingles usually occurs in a dermatomal pattern.
Therefore it is one sided pain. If you have pain in both legs or feet then she must look for another diagnosis. Perhaps referral neuropathy? Annie

Dr. Eric Weisman