My daughter has had a fever past 48 hours with cough and slight runny nose. Ibuprofen brings it down from 102.4 to 100.4 but when should I call doc?

Dr. Barry Bergman
In brief: Now
After having fever for more than twenty four hours i always recommend the child to be seen.
Your daughter should be seen now, please do not wait it has been long enough.

In brief: Now
Dr. Barry Bergman
Dr. Barry Bergman
Dr. James Cunnar
In brief: If lethargic
Fever can make you feel awful.
As long as the child is drinking, keeping food/fluids down, and the fever is responding to medicine, keep doing what you are doing. If the fever isn't gone by tomorrow night, or if she gets "worse", she should be seen. As long as she doesn't deteriorate badly, it can probably wait till tuesday morning.

In brief: If lethargic
Fever can make you feel awful.
Dr. James Cunnar
Dr. James Cunnar
Dr. Vicken Poochikian