I have a gallbladder polyp and my surgery is not until 6 weeks, but the whites of my eyes starting to turn yellow and the pain is constant visit ER?

Dr. Susan Rhoads

In brief: Yes go to the ER now

When you get jaundice and have gall bladder problems it is very serious.
You need to go to the ER now.

In brief: Yes go to the ER now

You need to go to the ER now.
Dr. Susan Rhoads
Dr. Susan Rhoads
Dr. David Lipkin

In brief: Go to ER

Gallbladder polyps can occasionally block the common bile duct which would cause pain from cholelithiasis(gall bladder inflammation) and jaundice(turning yellow).
This is a serious disease and needs immediate attention. I agree you should go to ER directly.

In brief: Go to ER

Dr. David Lipkin
Dr. David Lipkin
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology

In brief: See your GI doc

It sounds as if your bile duct is getting obstructed and the bile is backing up into the liver and therfore spilling over into the blood stream where it can stain the eyes yellow (jaundice).
Your GI doc, can deal with this and may push to accelerate the date of your surgery. You shouldn't wait six weeks.

In brief: See your GI doc

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery