Explain the method of treatment for macular edema?

Laser welds, retina. The eye surgeon uses a laser to target tiny areas of fluid leakage around the macula. This essentially 'welds' the leaks shut and stops fluid from causing edema.
Depends on Cause. The two most common causes of macular edema are from complications of cataract surgery, and from diabetic retinopathy. In the first case, anti-inflammatory agents are used as the first line of treatment. In the second case, laser and/or intravitreal injections are given to stop leakage from retinal blood vessels. Good systemic control of blood sugars, blood pressure and cholesterol help also.