What kind of problems and symptoms could occur for a vegetarian who doesn't get all the essential amino acids? Just curious.

Dr. Linda Tao
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Malnutrition

amino acids are the building blocks of protein.
Without the presence of a complete set of these building blocks you can't make many proteins vital to body function including enzymes, neurotransmitters etc. Enzymes include digestive enzymes without which you compromise the ability to absorb and digest other food groups as well as vitamins and minerals. It can affect everything in your body!

In brief: Malnutrition

Dr. Linda Tao
Dr. Linda Tao

In brief: Nutritionist

I would recommend seeing a nutritionist at a hospital or a nutrition specialist whom can provide more info.
A lot depends upon your health and activities.

In brief: Nutritionist

Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dr. Steven Seres