I am hypothyroid and taking medication from past 15 years. Thyroxine sodium 62mcg. Can I use ground flaxseed? If not can I use flaxseed oil?Spirulina?

Dr. Susan Wingo
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: With thyroxine

I'm not sure if you're wanting to take the listed supplements instead of thyroxine (no) or with your thyroxine (yes).
Essentially, if your thyroid levels are in the good range, you can take anything that someone with a normally working thyroid can take. Because different docs have different opinions, it's always best to check with your own doc, and make sure s/he knows exactly what you're taking.

In brief: With thyroxine

Dr. Susan Wingo
Dr. Susan Wingo
Dr. Adam Smith