Should I worry about getting colon cancer or stomach cancer at 22? I have.No.Family history of them

Dr. Luis Villaplana

In brief: It is quite a low

Risk at your age, especially if you do not smoke or drink alcohol in excess.

In brief: It is quite a low

Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Missid Ghanem
Clinical Psychology

In brief: See below...

I agree with my colleagues that there is no need to worry & that u're a very low risk given family hx, etc.
What i'm puzzled about is the reason for ur question! if u are worried, or find that u tend to worry a lot, i would recommend that u work on that... Psychotherapy is a good place to start. Clearing that kind of energy from ur path would make 4 more comfortable living! wishing you well..

In brief: See below...

Dr. Missid Ghanem
Dr. Missid Ghanem
Dr. Keegan Duchicela

In brief: No.

Out of all the things to worry about in the world, colon or stomach cancer at your age without any family history should not be one of them. This is the time to exercise daily, eat well, not smoke or drink excessively - those things will help keep your risk of cancers down.

In brief: No.

Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Mahek Shah
General Practice

In brief: Not necessarily

If there is no fam hx of getting colon or stomach ca at young ages (below 50), i wouldn't worry as much.
Minimize smoking and binge drinking because certain autoimmune conditions without known causes (crohn's, uc, etc) can inc risk of colon cancer. There have been reports where the conditions are more likely with chronic inflammation which high levels of drinking can cause. Enjoy your 20s!

In brief: Not necessarily

Mahek Shah
Mahek Shah
Answer assisted by Mahek Shah, Medical Student
Dr. Vicken Poochikian