I work behind a computer all day. Now I feel pains in my neck when I wake up or turn my head quickly. What is going on and how do I cure this pain?

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: What 3m ergonamic

Pleas see the web site below it give a good program to keep you healthy while working on the computer.

In brief: What 3m ergonamic

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis

In brief: Muscle spasm

Ideally your computer monitor should be directly in front of your eyes or slightly below to prevent unnecessary strain on neck muscles.
Working over a keyboard for long periods of time tends to make us bend our neck forward; result: muscle spasm. Take stretch breaks; move neck thru range of motions. Moist heat to neck & shoulders; NSAID for pain. Not improved? See fp for eval & treatment.

In brief: Muscle spasm

Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
therapeutic massage can help, too, and some massage therapists even make office visits
Dr. Arnon Rubin