I'm a healthcare worker and my snot dripped into my babies mouth. If MRSA were to be living I my nose what will happen to the baby? She's 7 weeks.

In brief: Digestion is great

Chances are the enzymes in babies saliva will begin neutralizing the material and it will be destroyed by acid when it gets to the stomach.
MRSA doesn't survive the transit into the distal GI tract. I would be more concerned if you dripped it into her nose. Plan to modify your practices when dealing with baby.Wash hands well and ware a mask if you think you might carry something home from work.

In brief: Digestion is great

In brief: Your flora

are already a part of your baby as are your antibodies.
If you are worried about MRSA colonization you can be cultured.

In brief: Your flora

Dr. Lois Freisleben-Cook
Dr. Lois Freisleben-Cook