A friend was taking lisinopril hct for high blood pressure top lip swolled very large what cause this?

Dr. Bac Nguyen
In brief: Likely angioedema..
The class of blood pressure medication called angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor (lisinopril is one) can cause angioedema (swelling of vessels/lymphatics) often seen in/around the mouth, throat/airway etc.
..It is potenetial very dangerous because it can block the airway etc...I would tell your friend to hold the medication and consult his/her doc asap. Good luck.

In brief: Likely angioedema..
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Gregory Hines
In brief: Be seen immediately
That can be a sign of what is called angioedema, where you are having an allergic reaction to the medication, which can be serious or even life threatening.

In brief: Be seen immediately
Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Arnon Rubin