What are symptoms of sleep apnea?

Dr. Hanford Brace
In brief: Snoring
The symptoms are daytime fatigue, snoring, frequent waking, frequency of night time urination, but tiredness during the day very hard to deal with.
Get diagnosed by sleep study and treated. Apnea carries risk of heart attack, stroke and other nasty things. Your family doctor can arrange the study and most insurances cover it. You will feel so much better after a good nights sleep.

In brief: Snoring
Dr. Hanford Brace
Dr. Hanford Brace
Dr. Gary Lederman
I would add snoring as a very common sign or symptom.
Dr. John Feola
In brief: R/O OSA
OSA can be suggested by history and physical.
Excess snoring/daytime sleepiness/apneic episodes/ aM headaches. And the Exam obesity/small oral airway/collar size>18. The definitive test is a PSG with split night/CPAP titration. I would request copy of sleep study and get a second opinion if you are not satisfied with the options. You are young CPAP can be difficult to tolerate. ENT FOR UPP EVAL.

In brief: R/O OSA
Dr. John Feola
Dr. John Feola
Dr. Ravi Chand
In brief: Sleep Apnea
If you have symptoms such as insomnia snoring hypersomnia excessive daytime sleepiness obesity asian race cognitive deficits mood disorders htn etc increase the chance of sleep apnea rule out other causes, could be medical, genetic long sleeper etc.

In brief: Sleep Apnea
Dr. Ravi Chand
Dr. Ravi Chand
Dr. Reid Winick
Dentistry
In brief: Tired
Also at risk of heart disease.

In brief: Tired
Also at risk of heart disease.
Dr. Reid Winick
Dr. Reid Winick
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology