How long will diflucan (fluconazole) stay in my body affecting Valium dosing? I'm extremely tired while taking both together.

Dr. Anthony Fritz

In brief: 3 days

The half life of diflucan (fluconazole) is 30 hours so after a couple of half lives the affect on other medicine should be fading.

In brief: 3 days

Dr. Anthony Fritz
Dr. Anthony Fritz
Dr. Martin Raff
It takes about 5-6 half-lives to remove a drug from the circulation.
Dr. Martin Raff
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Fluconazole/diazepam

Fluconazole considerably increases exposure to diazepam.
Recurrent administration of diazepam increases the risk of clinically significant interactions during fluconazole treatment, because the elimination of diazepam is impaired significantly. The plasma half-life of fluconazole is approximately 30 hours, and reducing the plasma levels will take 5-6 half-lives. This means 180 hrs or about 7+ days

In brief: Fluconazole/diazepam

Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Marsha Davis