I have a swollen lymph node in groin with purpura cluster on the skin overlying it. What could this be?

Pathology

In brief: See doctor

How do you know it is a lymphnode? It may be early hernia and the presence of bleeding over the swelling is more suggestive of a new hernia.
Please consult your doctor.

In brief: See doctor

Please consult your doctor.
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Maybe serious, see MD

I'm not sure what you mean by "purpura cluster".
If the skin overlying the swelling is red or purple, or if there are blister- or pimple-like lesions, it could be a serious bacterial infection, or maybe herpes or shingles. See a doctor promptly. It is especially urgent if the swelling is large, if the area is tender, or if you have fever. Good luck!

In brief: Maybe serious, see MD

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Dr. Hunter Handsfield