What will happen to arranged marriages if women get their own jobs and money?

In brief: I know a number...
...Of successful career women who are happy in arranged marriages that they themselves had a role in arranging.
The relationship can change and become more equal between the two spouses, but the mechanism for selecting a spouse does not have to disappear with that change.

In brief: I know a number...
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Pathology
In brief: Hopefully stop
Forced marriage is as much a crime against humanity as the oppression that has prevented women from getting their own jobs and money in the first place.
My traditional-minded colleagues are free to point out examples that are successful; in many traditional societies, an unwanted arranged marriage by a girl with no resources is the most common overall cause of suicide. It's simply wrong.

In brief: Hopefully stop
I'm not being "multiculturally insensitive". No reasonable person questions the value of one's parents' input on one's choice of a life partner. No decent person feels anything beyond horror and disgust when shown the realities of forced marriage in Afghanistan NEJM May 22, 2008.
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham