When do you think the ptsd in soldiers ends without therapy?

Dr. Kevin Nasky
In brief: 2-5 years
Combat-related ptsd often subsides on its own in 2-5 years, though in some cases symptoms can persist much longer. Drug and alcohol use, unemployment, and poor social support worsen diagnosis.
Conversely, a strong social support (including a healthy marriage), gainful employment, and a healthy lifestyle all improve outcomes. Of course, those that receive treatment improve much faster.

In brief: 2-5 years
Dr. Kevin Nasky
Dr. Kevin Nasky
Dr. Kristine Gerwell
There is no reason to try to do this without help. Often left untreated PTSD can destroy many aspects of social relationships, and there are treatments that can be very helpful. Seek assistance through your local VA or private health care if accessible.
Dr. Andrew Berry
Clinical Psychology
In brief: Never
Plato wrote "Only the dead have truly seen the end of war." By this he meant there is no cure for PTSD in combat veterans, only management.
I tell the vets I work with that we are all students of PTSD, as it comes in many varieties and usually is not curable.

In brief: Never
Dr. Andrew Berry
Dr. Andrew Berry
Dr. Keegan Duchicela