I accidentally doubled my 2 y/o dose of hydroxyzine HCl 10mg/5ml. Gave him 5ml instead of 2.5. Will he be ok?

Dr. Holly Maes

In brief: He'll be fine

A one time dose at that level is not anything to be worried about.
You wouldn't want to do it every day, but this is a very safe medicine, and other than he may be a bit drowsy tonight, it isn't going to be a problem. Have a good evening and don't worry about it.

In brief: He'll be fine

Dr. Holly Maes
Dr. Holly Maes
Dr. John Goldman
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Suspect more sleepy

You can discuss with your pediatrician but may not be a major problem. He may be a little sleepy.
He got 5 mg instead of 2.5 mg. For his age the top dose would be 2 mg/kg/day. As you can see it depends on his size. 1 pound equals 2.2 kg

In brief: Suspect more sleepy

Dr. John Goldman
Dr. John Goldman