Hi Doc My billirubin levels went to 17 and my ultrasound on liver, pancreas shows normal, ALT.ast came normal and HEP A,B,C came negative. Pls suggest?

Dr. Milton Alvis, jr
Preventive Medicine

In brief: SeveralPossibilities

?ed breakdown of RBCs (Heme=bilirubin source), anything ?ing ability of hepatic cells to move bilirubin from blood into bile &/or internal bile leak & internal recycling of bilirubin, US=limited data of echos from tissues; highly dependent skills/knowledge of technician & physician reader+awareness of clinical situation (often not told).
ALT&AST only indicate no ?ed rate of liver cells leak/death.

In brief: SeveralPossibilities

In brief: Direct or indirect

you need to have analysis of the bilirubin totoal,direct,and indirect that will differentiate if the high bilirubin is it hepatic ,or obstructive,or a hemolysis so have that done and you will know the answer

In brief: Direct or indirect

Dr. Jack Hinkle