Are steriod injections in the frontal area of the scalp for hair loss safe for someone who has glaucoma.

Dr. Stan Coleman
Ophthalmology

In brief: Eye pressure

The facts concerning whether steroid injections will help your problem should come from your dermatologist.
Steroids can cause eye pressure elevation even in people who don't have glaucoma. I think it would be ok , however the pressure must be watched. The greater chance for pressure elevation is with steroid eye drops and steroid injections into the eye for varies diseases.

In brief: Eye pressure

Dr. Stan Coleman
Dr. Stan Coleman
Pathology

In brief: No

Steroid injections to prevent hair loss are not effective and you run the risk of worsening your glaucoma and hastening cataracts.
Is this treatment being given by a doctor, if so, get a second opinion.

In brief: No