If I take in my elderly parent is it legitimate to ask for some compensation?

Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis

In brief: Consider

Did your parent(s) ask for compensation from you during the years you lived with them & were reared by them? Are there other siblings who might contribute to his/her care? Council on aging may be able to offer suggestions.

In brief: Consider

Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis

In brief: Clarify please

It is a parent who fed,diapered and clothed you for years.
It is a parent that made sure you had lunch money, got to practice, did your homework so you wouldn't fail, but you want to be paid for assisting them.Is this what you are asking ? Or are you a certified attendant working for someone else. In the later case I can see it.In the former case you sound quite shallow.

In brief: Clarify please

Dr. Cindy Juster