I want stem cells for my baby. If I get them, when can he use them and for what?

Dr. Mark Johnson
Aesthetic Medicine

In brief: Banking stem cells

There is some controversy regarding this topic currently.
The viability of banked stem cells is not great for one. However, the real issue is that while you can bank your cells, according to current fda guidelines, you can't use them.

In brief: Banking stem cells

Dr. Mark Johnson
Dr. Mark Johnson

In brief: Tech is in developmt

You only get one shot at collecting & preserving umbilical cord stem cells & some centers collect them routinely.
There use at present is limited in scope.Research is ongoing to use them for specific diseases, to manufacture spare body parts, etc. Within the child's lifetime there may be a number of possibilities.

In brief: Tech is in developmt

Dr. Shontae Buffington