I want stem cells for my baby. If I get them, when can he use them and for what?

Dr. Mark Johnson
Aesthetic Medicine
In brief: Banking stem cells
There is some controversy regarding this topic currently.
The viability of banked stem cells is not great for one. However, the real issue is that while you can bank your cells, according to current fda guidelines, you can't use them.

In brief: Banking stem cells
Dr. Mark Johnson
Dr. Mark Johnson
In brief: Tech is in developmt
You only get one shot at collecting & preserving umbilical cord stem cells & some centers collect them routinely.
There use at present is limited in scope.Research is ongoing to use them for specific diseases, to manufacture spare body parts, etc. Within the child's lifetime there may be a number of possibilities.

In brief: Tech is in developmt
Dr. Jonathan Jassey