Im a teen with diabetes. I hate it and don't check. Mom is always on me. What can I do?

Dr. Quang Nguyen
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology
In brief: Check
The diabetes is not going away.
The sooner you accept this, the quicker you will be able to get a handle on it. It will be a lifelong disease so try to learn as much as you can about it. You might want to talk to other teen who also has diabetes to see how they handle it. Good luck, .

In brief: Check
The diabetes is not going away.
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Quang Nguyen
In brief: You decide
It is not fair, you hate it, you hate the extra work, you hate the restrictions,you hate that people know, and everything else.
But get used to it. If you don't grow up fast and accept it you can do permanent harm to your body & it will be nobodies fault but your own.Find an unrelated therapist to work on your feelings & get off the "why me" train of self pity. You can have a good life.

In brief: You decide
Dr. Jonathan Jassey